Decorator Insurance

Decorator Insurance – What Types of Coverage Do Decorators Need?

decorator insurance

While hiring a decorator, it’s important to purchase Decorator Insurance to protect yourself. This insurance covers several different types of risks, including Public liability, Employers’ liability, Property damage, and Worker’s compensation. If you’re not sure what type of insurance you need, read on for more information. It may be time to get a Decorator Insurance policy. Below, we have listed some of the common types of insurance and their benefits.

Public liability

Choosing a public liability insurance for decorators is important, as the profession requires you to work in public areas, often with members of the general population. A decorator’s job can involve working at heights, handling heavy equipment, and navigating unstable structures. While it may seem like they are only working for themselves, decorators often move furniture, advise clients on colour schemes, and work around valuable items. Without adequate insurance, it could lead to financial ruin.

Employers’ liability

As a decorator, you need to be covered in the event of a work-related accident. Your business vehicles and employees’ medical bills will be covered by commercial auto insurance. Additionally, you must carry workers comp insurance as a business. This insurance covers medical expenses and lost wages caused by work-related accidents. You should purchase both types of insurance if you are planning on working with clients and employees. However, you might not have to purchase both types of coverage if you’re not working in a commercial environment.


As a contractor, you may need to take out property insurance for decorators to protect yourself from the unexpected. Accidents can happen while you are running errands or working on a client’s property. For instance, a bookshelf may collapse on a client’s foot. This could result in large medical bills and bodily injury claims. Without the right insurance coverage, you could end up having to pay for your own legal fees and expenses.

Worker’s compensation

If you own or operate a decorator business, you need to consider getting Worker’s Compensation for Decorator Insurance. Design professionals may be involved in a variety of accidents, including automobile crashes, falling objects, and awkward positions. Worker’s Compensation insurance can pay for medical bills and other related expenses if an accident occurs while working. Whether or not you use subcontractors, it is important to be protected.

Business auto

While a designer might not typically drive, he or she may drive to a client’s home or space for the purpose of decorating it. Any time the decorator is on the road, accidents and lawsuits are possible. Without the right insurance policy, the business can go under in no time. Commercial auto insurance is essential for decorators who drive on a regular basis. A designer’s personal car insurance policy isn’t enough to cover any potential liabilities.

Visit Us Now Also